In a recent discussion with my son, I found out that my corny ‘dad-jokes’ are getting even cornier. Well I’m fine with that because it still gets a comedic reaction from people. The reason I remember this is because he said this just after we were talking to him about ‘flirting with girls’. He’s getting to that age where things like that are important and I told him that my extremely successful go-to was to break the ice with a corny pick-up line. I then proceeded to plow through most of my favorites that I used back in the day. So like I do, I thought right then and there that I needed to make a list of my top 10 favorite cheesy pick-up lines. I’m not guaranteeing that you should try these on a potential love interest or at the hot chick at your local bar; but it should get a good laugh. Which in my case was the best ice breaker there was. So here are my Top Cat’s Tuesday Top 10: Cheesiest Pick-Up Lines –
10. Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material.
9. Are you a Godly person? Because you’re the answer to all of my prayers.
8. Is it hot in here, or is it just you?
7. You must be a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everything else just disappears!
6. Are you tired? Because you’ve been running through my mind all day.
5. Hey there, so what was the temperature in Heaven like before you left?
4. Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to pass by again?
3. Hey, are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ‘ten I see’!
2. My buddies bet me $100 that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the hottest girl in the room. So, what are we going to spend the money on. 😉
- Did it hurt? When you fell from Heaven.
Taylor Thermometer by Joe Mabel, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=47085176
Angel Statue, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=436019
Tennessee State Map by Internet Archive Book Images – https://www.flickr.com/photos/internetarchivebookimages/18157297401/Source book page: https://archive.org/stream/americanmal6719881990amer/#page/n27/mode/1up, No restrictions, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=43331442
Angel Statue by Louise Docker from Sydney, Australia – The Shepherds and the Angels- The real meaning of Christmas, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3018254